On 5 December 2017 Transneft President Nikolay Tokarev and Yaroslavl Region Governor Dmitry Mironov signed a mutual cooperation agreement between the Company and Regional Government.
In accordance with the document signed, the priority areas for cooperation are:
- further economic development, improvement of the investment climate, creating a favorable investment environment for addressing the main social priorities of the Yaroslavl region, including during the operation of oil and petroleum products pipeline facilities in the region’s territory;
- construction of infrastructure facilities;
- ensuring the safe operation of oil and petroleum products trunk pipeline facilities in the territory of Yaroslavl Region;
- creating conditions for the protection of industrial infrastructure owned by entities of the Transneft system from sabotage and terrorist threats;
- counteracting the illicit trafficking in crude oil and petroleum products as well as thefts from trunk pipelines;
- implementation of the Company’s social projects and programmes.
The main prospective area in the interaction between the parties is the development of links between Transneft entities and contractors based in the Yaroslavl region.
In the Yaroslavl region Transneft runs the facilities of Yaroslavl Regional Oil Pipeline Directorate under Transneft Baltic: LODS Yaroslavl, Pravdino, Pes, Bykovo, OPS Palkino, Yaroslavl-3, pipe-end pump station (PPS) Yaroslavl, petroleum products pump station (PPPS) Bykovo, delivery stations Yaroslavl, Gorky. The tank farm YARNU comprises 28 tanks.
The Yaroslavl ROPD takes charge of over 1,900 km of oil pipelines and more than 700 km of single-line petroleum products pipelines (Surgut-Polotsk with an offshoot to the refinery of Slavneft – YANOS, Yaroslavl – Kirishi, Palkino – Primorsk).
What’s more, the Yaroslavl region is home to the industrial facilities of Transneft North – Vologda Regional Oil Pipeline Directorate (Shchedrino settlement) and the oil delivery station Yaroslavl.
Transneft Baltic takes an active part in the implementation of social programmes in the Yaroslavl region. Overall more than RUB 70 million have been donated to charity initiatives since 2012. As part of the corporate charity programme for school education development, financial help has been lent to general educational institutions in Nekouzsky and Myshkin districts, totaling to RUB 8.8 million.