Pictured (left to right): Penza Region Governor Ivan Belozertsev and Transneft President Nikolay Tokarev
Transneft President Nikolay Tokarev and Governor of Penza Region Ivan Belozertsev signed a cooperation agreement between the Company and the regional government.
Vice President of Transneft Mikhail Margelov and General Director of Transneft Druzhba Oleg Bogomolov also took part in the signing ceremony.
The agreement lays the foundation of interaction aimed at further economic development, improvement of the investment climate, creating favorable conditions for addressing the main social problems of the Penza Region; including the ones arising during the operation of oil trunk pipeline and petroleum products pipeline facilities in the territory of Penza Region.
The priority areas of cooperation are:
- creating infrastructure facilities;
- ensuring the safe operation of oil trunk pipeline and petroleum products pipeline facilities in the territory of Penza Region;
- investing in development, expansion, revamping and technical upgrading of the industrial facilities used by entities of the Transneft system;
- using the manufacturing capacity of industrial undertakings in the territory of Penza Region;
- counteracting the illicit trafficking in oil and petroleum products, thefts from oil pipelines and petroleum products pipelines;
- expanding the throughput capacity of delivery point for petroleum products from oil refineries;
- implementing the Company’s programs and social projects.
Transneft and Penza Region government will also join hands to encourage research and technological innovations in the territory of Penza Region and to deliver socially important joint projects.
In Penza Region Transneft is represented by its subsidiary Transneft Druzhba (having the tank farms with the aggregate capacity of 3 million m3; 24 oil pump stations and 14 petroleum products pump stations; 4,000 km of oil pipelines and 3,800 km of petroleum products pipelines; industrial facilities in 11 regions of Russia; about 7,000 of total personnel). Transneft Druzhba comprises four regional directorates (Bryansk, Michurinsk, Kuibyshevsk, Penza) and the production and operations department (POD).
In 2016 petroleum products trunk pipelines Ufa – West, Kuibyshev – Bryansk and Penza – Saransk, passing through the territory of the region, were included in the scope of the Company’s responsibility.
On 1 April 2017 a subsidiary of Transneft Druzhba was established – Penza regional directorate with more than 1,200 employees on its payroll.
In 2016 the Company transferred more than RUB 765 million to the Penza Region budget. Charitable donations in five recent years exceeded RUB 107 million.